Smoked Eggs are the best way to make hard-boiled eggs more flavorful! If you want eggs with a smoky flavor, these make the perfect snack. Take your egg game to the next level so that you can enjoy eating eggs in so many different ways. Perfect for a healthy snack or a great way to add a little bit of smoky cooked egg into your other great recipes.
If you want to try a new cooking process for eggs, this recipe will give them so much smoke flavor. This just might be my favorite way to cook a lot of eggs because you can then easily use them for so many other recipes. A lot of people like to just peel them and eat them straight up, which is a great idea, too! I think that once you smoke eggs, you just might not want a normal egg ever again.
Keep this recipe handy for getting that smoked flavor fast. It's amazing that you can get the optimal flavor quickly with just a few simple ingredients. The next time that you get a deal at the store on eggs don't boil them in water on the stove and settle for that. Instead, let the smoker take over to create a truly delicious flavor and taste.
Be sure to check out my Smoked Cauliflower for another unique and delicious way to smoke foods.
Eggs - You can choose any type of eggs that you like for this recipe.
Optional ingredients for deviled eggs
Egg yolks - This will come from the cooked eggs.
Mayonnaise - For creaminess in the mixture.
Sriracha sauce - You could also use hot sauce as well.
Salt - For taste.
Cooked bacon - Cooked crumbled bacon works great.
How to Make Smoked Eggs
The smoking process for eggs is very simple. You will need to hard-boil the eggs in enough water prior to smoking them, so be sure that you scroll down to the recipe card so that you can get all the steps on how to cook raw eggs, followed by how to smoke them for the best flavor. There is also a full recipe to make your very own deviled eggs, too.
Step One: Peel the hard-boiled eggs and put them directly onto the grill grates for one hour. Make sure to set the temperature to stay around 200 degrees.
Step Two: Remove and serve.
Use a different grill - What I enjoy about smoking eggs is that you can use a pellet grill or a smoker grill - totally up to you. If this is a new recipe for you, that means that you can smoke the eggs in different ways and see what you like best.
What can I use smoked eggs for?
You can use this smoked hard-boiled eggs recipe for so many things. Not only can you turn them into delicious deviled eggs, but you can then use leftovers of your smoked egg to make other delicious egg recipe options. Think egg salad sandwich, potato salad, or even a simple egg sandwich with a slice of fresh tomato.
How do smoked eggs look once they're done?
Since you're going to not have an egg shell on the eggs and only see the egg whites, you'll notice that the hot smoking gives the egg a golden brown coloring. This is basically the smoky color that is going to happen once you start to smoke the eggs.
What is the best way to peel hard-boiled eggs?
Sometimes eggs can be tricky. If you want to get perfectly peeled eggs, cold water, and an ice bath are key! What happens is that once the eggs are done boiling in the high heat of the water, you can then put them directly into an ice bath to cool down.
Once the eggs are cool to the touch, you can then start to peel off the peelings, which should result in you not having as many issues or losing big chunks of the egg. Another thing to remember is that fresh eggs are harder to peel, so if oyu're using farm-fresh eggs, you may find that they're just a bit trickier because of their age.
How do I store smoked eggs?
Once the eggs have cooled, store any leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. This is the best way to keep the eggs fresh and delicious, and ready to grab and eat.
- Traeger Grill or other smoker
- 12 eggs hard boiled and peeled
Sriracha Mayo Deviled Smoked Eggs filling
- 12 egg yolks (from the hard boiled eggs)
- ¼ c mayo
- ½ tablespoon sriracha sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 slice cooked bacon chopped into 24 small pieces
- The first thing you need is a dozen hard-boiled eggs. You can prep them the way you are most comfortable with or follow my process.
How to Hard Boil Eggs
- Place a dozen eggs in a large pot. Fill with water until the eggs are 100% submerged. Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, cover the pot and turn the burner off. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Once the timer goes off, strain eggs from hot water and run them under cold water.
- Peel the eggs and set them aside. You will then have your eggs ready for smoking.
How to Smoke Eggs
- Place the peeled, hard-boiled eggs onto the grill grates in your preheated smoker. Smoke the eggs at 200℉ for about an hour.
- Remove the eggs from the smoker and serve.
How to Serve Smoked Eggs
- You can now eat the smoked eggs as they are or use the eggs and prepare them as you would deviled eggs.
- Or use my recipe. Cut the eggs in half. Remove the cooked yolks and place them into a small bowl. Add ¼ cup of mayo, ½ tablespoon of sriracha sauce, and ¼ teaspoon salt to the bowl with the yolks. Mix together with a whisk.
- Fill the halved egg whites with the yolk sriracha mixture and garnish with a small piece of bacon. Serve and Enjoy1